Spinach Pasta Salad
Toss spinach, micro greens, chopped red pepper, and finely chopped green onion. Prepare 2 cups of your favorite pasta according to directions. Rinse well under cool water and let drain for several minutes. When room temperature toss pasta with the greens. You may add any other embellishments including croutons, olives, tomatoes, corn, any kind of rinsed and drained bean, grated cheese, broccoli, and the list goes on and on. We love this recipe because it is so easy to change depending on your mood! If you use corn and beans try topping with a lime cilantro dressing, or a spicy southwestern ranch. If olives, croutons, and mozzerella are your mix of choice, try topping with a simple italian vinaigrette or adding parmesan cheese and a Caesar dressing. Don't be afraid to experiment! If you want to stick to the basics the first time around try the greens and spinach mixed with this delicious dressing recipe.
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raspberry wine vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar (we use evaporated cane juice)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Shake well.