Friday, July 15, 2011

Roasted Green Beans

Green Beans are one of the vegetables that everyone grows up eating and cooking. Especially in Indiana it seems like there is never a shortage of them in season. Every year since I can remember I have sat on the porch swing, first as a kid with my mom, then as a mom with my kids, and snapped the ends off of endless baskets of beans. It is a hallmark of summer for me. The beans in my basket have changed color though. Of course I still love the traditional green, but purple beans and yellow and purple Dragon's tongue beans are my new love! All of the picking and snapping would be for nothing if the eating didn't come next. It is hard to beat the simplicity of steamed green beans. They taste like summer. But two seasons ago I discovered roasted green beans! They taste like summer times two! Equally as easy as steaming, I hope you love them too.


Roasted Beans

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and lightly  rub the pan with olive oil.
Place the beans on the sheet and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
Toss the beans to coat and sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake for 15 minutes, stirring the beans occasionally.
THAT'S IT! Now, just enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment