Thursday, July 26, 2012

Classic Blueberry Filling

This recipe is one of my favorites, ever! It is one of those recipes that is written in an old woman's cursive handwriting, on creased and stained paper. The words are fading.  I know I could type it and print it out, or just pull it up electronically, but it would not be the same. I have this easy recipe memorized, but still I love to look at the beaten up card. It was given to me by someone I love. I hope the people you love enjoy it as well. 

Classic Blueberry Filling
1 1/2 cups sugar, I use evaporated cane juice
6 tbs corn starch
1/2 cup water
4 cups blueberries

Simply mix sugar, corn starch, and water in medium saucepan. Stir well, and heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Let simmer 5 minutes stirring often. Add blueberries and bring back to a boil. You need to keep boiling and stirring until the cloudiness from the cornstarch disappears! It sounds like a strange description, but you will see the difference as you cook it.
This is so good on anything you can think of, or just by itself. You can put it on pancakes, use it for pie filling, use it as a filling for crepes (my  personal favorite), top vanilla ice cream, literally anything! My husband likes it on warm biscuits with butter. Try one of these ways, or come up with your own. Either way, we are sure you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment