Friday, November 2, 2012

Stuffed Acorn Squash

I know that yesterday was acorn squash day, but I just couldn't resist posting  one more recipe! The recipe for the stuffing alone is worth it! I can't promise that I won't post another one tomorrow. Maybe, squash biscuits? Perfect for Thanksgiving, or anyday.

Stuffed Acorn Squash

1 acorn squash cut in half seeds removed and kept for later
2 cups of cooked millet, rice, couscous, or quinoa-I used millet 
1 medium onion diced
6 cups of chopped greens, spinach, kale, chard, collards, etc-I used kale
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1/3 cup roughly chopped dried cranberries
1/2 cup  pine nuts
2 ounces of goat cheese    

Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add onions and greens, when softened add garlic and millet. Cook until heated through and add cranberries, pine nuts, and goat cheese until pine nuts are golden and goat cheese is warmed through. Place stuffing in the squash halves and cover with foil and bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment