Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Beans and Greens

This week we had such a beautiful assortment of different greens that I just had to make something that I could eat right away. This is my new favorite. I know I say that ALL of the time, but I really mean it every time I say it! This took 20 minutes start to finish and used a little of everything from my share.

Greens and Beans
8 ounces of pasta
1 can of cannellini beans-white kidney beans
6 cups of chopped greens-I used spinach, kale, and tatsoi
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp of your favorite salt, I used Celtic sea salt
red pepper flakes to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
lemon thyme 
While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in pan over medium/low heat. Add greens and beans and garlic. Stir occasionally. As soon as you drain the pasta add it to the mixture in the pan.When the greens are all cooked down and the beans are heated through squeeze the lemon juice, sprinkle the red pepper flakes, and lemon thyme and eat. Really, that's all. You could add some broth if you wanted, but I liked it just the way it was. If your family would prefer meat, you could add Italian sausage or chicken breast.




No comments:

Post a Comment