Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Better Than Basic Chicken, Potato, and Green Bean Bake

This recipe is so easy, quick, not exactly exotic, but tastes really good. With a short list of ingredients it saved me this Sunday when I realized at 4 p.m. that I had not planned ahead for dinner. I had not even thought of dinner. I know what your thinking. Dinner comes every day. It should not be a surprise, but sometimes it just sneaks up on me! If you can relate, this recipe is for you. My family liked it so much I made it Monday to take to a friend who just had a baby. My friend who just had surgery is going to get it on Wednesday. Who knows, I may find someone to take it to on Friday just to round the week out.

Better Than Basic Chicken, Potato and Green Bean Bake

1 pound of frozen chicken breast tenders or fresh chicken breast cut into strips
1 pound of small new potatoes cut in half or quartered, or large potatoes cubed
1 quart of green beans, or any variety including dragons tongue, snapped into 2 inch pieces
2 shallots thinly sliced, or 1 small onion 
1/2 lemon cut into thin slices
1/2 stick of butter cut into small pieces
1 pkg dry Italian Salad Dressing mix

Place the chicken breast in bottom of the pan. Add the potatoes, shallots, and beans. Put the butter pieces on top, sprinkle the dressing mix over the entire pan and place the lemon slices on the very top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour. You can sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the very top right after removing the foil if desired. Remove lemon slices before eating. That's it! You can substitute zucchini and yellow squash for the green beans if you have those instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment