Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Apple Pie Smoothie

I love smoothies but usually I stick to greens and fruit. This apple smoothie is my new fall favorite! If you still have lots of apples but are tired of sugary desserts try this. It is full of fiber, probiotics, protein, calcium, and it is just so yummy!

Apple Pie Smoothie

1/2 frozen banana (no peel)
1  apple-I freeze mine but that is optional
1/2 cup whole oats
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 tsp cinnamon if desired
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt-I use Fage 0%
1/2 cup milk-I use almond milk-use more if you like your smoothies thinner
1 handful of chopped greens if desired

Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. If your banana or apple isn't frozen you may want to add ice cubes. 




  If you are running out of ideas to do with your apples you can cut, core and freeze them to use in recipes over the winter. You can peel if desired but I leave my on for smoothies. You will want to dip in a lemon juice and water mixture to keep them from turning brown. You will be glad you did  this winter when the fresh apples from Wolfe Orchard are just a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment